Job Announcement – Italian Trade Agency – Promotional Desk in Oman (Muscat)
The Italian Trade Agency (ITA) is looking for a Market Consultant and business Developer (the Expert) with a wide network of contacts and knowledge of the Omani Market (hereinafter the Target Market).
Employment Agreement shall be limited. Terms shall be eight (8) months. Place of work shall be Dubai ITA OFFICE. Designation shall be Market Expert and Business Developer.
Scope of work and job description
The Expert shall support the Dubai ITA Office in providing information and promotional services in favor of Italian companies interested in accessing the Omani market.
Upon termination of the Employment Agreement in Dubai the Expert shall be hired to manage the new ITA Office to be opened soon in Muscat.
The scope of work will be to promote and strengthen the Target Market awareness of Italian products and services as well as to provide information, support and advice to Italian companies interested in developing their business in the Target Market.
The Expert must own expertise in foreign trade and special skills in business and international marketing activities, as well as excellent knowledge of the Target Market and business environment.
Duties and responsibilities
In more details, the activities of the Expert shall include, among others, the following:
• Market analysis of the existing opportunities for Italian companies in Oman;
• Creation of a database of potential business partners;
• Organization of bilateral meetings between Italian companies and Omani counterparts;
• Organization of trade delegation visits to Italy or to other selected countries;
• Providing support to the ITA Dubai Office for the participation in local fairs and exhibitions;
• Organization of workshops and seminars with Italian and local experts.
The activities will be carried out in compliance with the guidelines of the Italian Trade Agency, Dubai Office and the Desk’s officer will periodically report to the Dubai Office’s management and to Italy’s Embassy in Muscat.
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, marketing or international relations
• At least one year experience in a similar role – in private or public sector
• Knowledge of the entrepreneurial environment in Italy and in Oman would be a strength
• Fluency in English and Italian, Arabic would be a preferential requisite
• Outstanding communication skills, multitasking attitude, work by objectives and results’ orientation.
Curriculum vitae to be sent to: email@example.com att. Gianpaolo Bruno and Marilena Procaccio
Deadline: 14th April 2017
PO Box 500088
Dubai Internet City – ARENCO Tower – Office 506
Tel: +971 4 4345280 | Fax: +971 4 4220983